OSL is a fast growing and successful third- party specialty retailer whose clients are some of the largest companies in Canada and the U.S. We have over 2,000 employees and are expecting to continue to grow at a rapid pace in a fun and challenging work environment.
We’re growing, and we’re looking for a leader. No ordinary leader, but one that can inspire, coach and develop their team members, while completing the mandate of their program. The NSO drives efficiency and ensures our clients always have an exceptional experience. As an NSO Lead, it is your responsibility to make sure your assigned locations are executed to the program specifications. Your team delivers excellence in Client and Customer Experience; they run with operational excellence, support the OSL brand, add value to our Client and meet the business goals. You lead by example and always create an environment where team members feel valued, can grow, and function well as a team.
· Achieve all key business/program performance objectives including those around quality, client experience, and compliance to all operating procedures.
· Proactively creates strategies for underperforming teams and or processes – escalates these for approval where necessary.
· Ensure that all Associates have completed necessary training and coaching requirements.
· Ensure that all locations are planned for and staffed appropriately according to the established guidelines.
· Manage and coach the OSL Team assigned to you in field; to ensure that all training objectives and deliverables have been met.
· Provides Training and Coaching to the Client and their Employees is a professional, respectful thorough manner.
· Thoroughly confirms that all in store training and program activities have been completed to the standards outlined within the program mandate and KPI’s.
· Escalates any issue or concerns with all aspects – execution, staffing, training and delivery to the Client Project Manager immediately so that collaboration on solutions can take places swiftly.
· Ensure all scheduling and staffing of the store teams are completed in a proactive manner using appropriate OSL Retail Service guidelines.
· Responsible for retention and management of Associates, staying within acceptable turnover rates.
· Successfully manages the completion of day-to-day area program operational activities including field visit reports, communications to the team, client and OSL HQ, all payroll and expense processes, performance management and HR related activities.
· Provide support to the Client Program Manager and to other NSO & Merchandising Team members.
· Participate in special projects and assignments as needed.
· Diploma or Degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent is considered an asset.
· Strong management, coaching, and leadership skills, developed in a retail organization; within the hardware, mass merchant or big box retail sector is considered an asset.
· 3-5 years Retail Store Management experience is required.
· Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills in order to effectively train and communicate detail for the program.
· Detail-oriented and results focused individual with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities with a demonstrated sense of urgency; while remaining calm under pressure.
· Advanced organization and planning skills with the ability to organize and schedule people and tasks.
· Effective decision making and problem solving skills.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Computer aptitude and comprehension of internet and pc set up; proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Strong understanding of merchandising and inventory systems in a retail environment.
· Proven ability to train others and drive service through a field team.
· Capable of setting and communicating goals for your team.
· Must possess a high level of attention to detail.
· Flexible to work evenings and weekend periods, based on business needs as they arise.
· Able to travel constantly throughout the program with scheduled breaks and non-paid time off.
· Must possess a current and active Drivers License and access to a vehicle.
Physical Job Requirements:
· Ability to drive and travel extensively to stores day and evening
· Ability to lift 30-50 pounds
· Ability to stand for extensive periods of time