OSL is a dynamic, people-first company providing outsourced sales solutions for some of North America’s biggest Fortune 500 companies. We believe in great people doing greater things, every day.
The Front-End Developer will support the execution of nationally driven store support programs around technology and web content for various OSL programs.
Reporting to the Field Support Manager and working closely with the Sales and Operations Team, as well as various internal and external partners, the Front-End Developer will support the team in developing and streamlining end user experience in both field and head office operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in developing end user web applications for use in both Mobile and PC
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability with a simple UI
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Support in-field security and technology maintenance / support plan for the OSL Retail environment
- Collaborate and support the field team and peers nationally
- Supports and responds to IT issues, programming, and developer support
- Partners with the Sales Team to train on web tools i.e. Operational Processes, Loss Prevention, Product Knowledge, etc.
- Partners with HR in all employee change processes to ensure all company records are current
- Collaborate with Training to create new training and support tools
- Maintenance and upkeep of the online database(s)
- College or university diploma or degree in computer science, or related discipline, and or 3-5 years equivalent work experience
- Firm understanding of database management with proficiency in networking structures and diagnostics to help in end-user troubleshooting
- Self-motivated and disciplined with high attention to detail and maintaining high accuracy of work
- Experience in developing or working with drag and drop tools (WYSIWYG)
- Experience building cross-browser, responsive, and scalable HTML and CSS
- Understanding and integration with web services, web standards and technologies (ex. REST, JSON and XML)
- Eye for design, UI look and feel
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop an asset but not required
- Understanding of support for native application on both Android and iOS
- Knowledge and understanding of Windows Operating Systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- MS Office Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint
- Effective time management skills and the ability to prioritize competing deadlines is a must
- Bilingual in English and French an asset but not required