Who are we?
OSL is a dynamic, people-first company providing outsourced sales solutions for some of North America’s biggest Fortune 500 companies. We believe in great people doing greater things, every day. At OSL, we hire passionate people who are looking for their next challenging career move. Our people reflect the professionalism and willingness to adapt and learn new skills that make OSL a leading sales and operational organization.
Stationed in our Mississauga, Ontario offices, the Human Resources Generalist, U.S. performs a range of HR generalist and administrative duties in support of the HR function for their assigned client group(s). The duties include day-to-day administration of employee data management and benefits, policy and legislative compliance guidance and liaising with field management and employee workplace questions and issues. You will also assist with recruitment, training, H&S, performance management and coaching, development and termination of employees and managers on issues of basic to moderate complexity with support from their supervisor on more complex issues.
- Learns the business via on-the-job training and self-directed learning regarding any and all HR-based compliance obligations in assigned states
- Coordinates routine requisition (e.g. new hire), onboarding (e.g. onboarding and change forms) and offboarding (extended absences, termination requisitions) activities for assigned practice area(s) and elevates more complex matters for support and or resolution as required
- First point of contact for general employee HR inquiries. Elevates as required.
- Prepares, delivers and follows up on approved offer letters and onboarding documents
- Coordinates benefits enrolment, changes, terminations, invoicing, reconciliation, administration and general inquiries
- Coaches leaders on basic to moderate employee relations matters including workplace investigations. Elevates more complex matters to supervisor further support and or resolution as required
- Coaches managers and senior leaders on basic to moderate performance management and progressive discipline matters including coaching on effective documentation. Elevates more complex matter to supervisor further support and or resolution as required
- Coordinates vacation and extended absences administration including tracking, reconciliation and fulfillment follow-up
- Supports annual performance evaluation administration
- Assists with other HR administrative matters such as HR metrics, employment verification letters, HRIS troubleshooting and administration
- Coordinates intake, research and response preparation of basic to moderate legislative inquiries and/or claims (e.g. Workers Compensation, Fair Labor Standards Act, Department of Labor, State employment law variances). Informs supervisor upon notification receipt of all such matters and elevates more complex matters to supervisor immediately
- Liaises with Recruiting and Payroll teams upstream and downstream to support employee lifecycle.
- Supports Director, Human Resources through active participation in ad hoc meetings, training and other project assignments
- Travels to stores on day, evening and overnight to build relationships and support HR matters (5-10% travel including out of country travel)
- Ensures employee file and sign-off requirements are accurate and up to date
- Corporate recruitment support backup (job postings, resume screening, phone screens, interview scheduling, background checks, assessments, references)
- Supports urgent evening and weekend retail HR support needs in an accurate and timely manner as required
- Supports and coaches Human Resources Administrators toward team goals and results
- Performs any other duties as required
- Previous U.S. employment and employment law experience strongly preferred but not required (will train)
- Minimum two years of work experience in a Human Resources role preferably including employee relations, coaching and investigations exposure
- A college or university degree, preferably in business specializing in Human Resources, or equivalent; post grad diploma in Human Resources preferred
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written
- Highly organized
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent inter-personal relation skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Conviction to improve personally and support continuous improvement
- High level of personal integrity
- Positive and supportive tone, attitude and work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous multi-unit national retail experience preferred
- Bilingual Spanish an asset
If you’re excited to be a member of our team, please apply now. If you require further information before submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.