OSL is a dynamic, people-first company providing outsourced sales solutions for some of North America’s biggest Fortune 500 companies. We believe in great people doing greater things, every day. At OSL, we hire passionate people who are looking for their next challenging career move. Our people reflect the professionalism and willingness to adapt and learn new skills that make OSL a leading sales and operational organization.
The Bilingual Benefits and Disability Case Management Coordinator will proactively manage, report, analyze and administer the company’s group benefits, extended absence, disability, WSIB/WCB/CSST and retirement programs within their assigned work group(s).
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reviewing and administering group insurance benefit enrolment and changes paperwork for accuracy. Where necessary, liaise with peers, employees, plan administrators, clients and business managers to obtain and/or correct information
- Provide excellent customer service to Plan Members, Third Party Administrators, Head Office and Field Staff by answering benefit related inquiries via phone, email and in person in a timely manner
- Liaise and hold group insurance plan providers accountable for timely responses and delivery of services such as drug card issuance, changes, claims processing and disability claims adjudication
- In partnership with Finance, review and process monthly invoicing. Investigate and track discrepancies. Reconcile and seek out appropriate adjustments
- Prepare, analyze, report and present plan utilization, effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement
- Participate in annual group insurance renewal process.
Extended Absence and Disability Case Management
- Assess, process and adjudicate occupational injury leave claims with WCB/WSIB/CNESST, non-occupational injury leave claims (e.g. STD/LTD), personal leave. Investigate and elevate more sensitive matters to supervisor for guidance and support
- Design, offer and execute return to work programs for employees returning from occupational and non-occupational injury or illness
- Schedule and attend return to work meetings and hearings via phone or in person as required
- Co-manage personal extended leave of absence tracking and return to work activities
- Educate and inform managers and employees of their rights and responsibilities during disability case management, extended leaves and return to work
- Prepare, analyze, report and present plan utilization, costs, effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement
- Promote a wellness and accident prevention culture
- Perform any other needed duties as required
Skills & Abilities:
- Fluency in English and French, both written and verbal, are a must
- 3-4 years’ direct responsibility with group insurance benefits and disability case management
- College or University degree in Human Resources or Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designation are strong assets
- Firm understanding of various provincial legislation associated with benefits, occupational and non-occupational illness/injuries, return to work principles and practices, duty to accommodate, human rights and privacy legislation
- Sound knowledge of computerized systems including databases (HRIS) and Microsoft Office (Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Analytical, problem-solving, reporting, planning, and organization skills
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to empathize, stay cool under pressure, and facilitate win-win scenarios with work teams
The physical demands of this job are consistent with standard office duty work with occasional travel for meetings, on-site adjudications and return to work visits.
If you’re excited to be a member of our team, please apply now. If you require further information before submitting your application, please contact email@example.com.